Tender by Design Tempering
TENDER BY DESIGN™ PRODUCT HANDLING
Your part of this Tender by Design™ process is critical to protecting the quality of the product.
THIS TENDER BY DESIGN TEMPERING TRAY OFFERS:
- More evenly controlled tempering
- Less damage to the steak than the shock of thawing in water
- Faster tempering than on other surfaces such as traditional thin aluminum sheet pans, stainless steel, Teflon or wood
PROPER PRODUCT STORAGE
Product should remain at freezer temperature (< 0°F) while in storage and prior to being tempered. Once tempered, product should not be placed back into the freezer for future use.
TEMPERING PROCESS FOR TENDER BY DESIGN
- Remove products as needed from the freezer and spread out on tempering tray
- Place in the cooler, with products kept in their original sealed vacuum package to temper
- After products are tempered, transfer to dated sheet pans and rotate properly in the cooler
- Maintain proper refrigeration until needed, and leave product in the original vacuum package to hold its quality longer
- If the vacuum package seal is broken, product should be cooked that same day
IMPORTANT: Never place the product in water (of any temperature), as this will actually damage the product by “shocking” the meat. This causes breakdown in the tissue, which results in purging of moisture and damage to the texture and eating quality.