Waffle Fries with Aztec Chocolate Sauce
- 25 ea. Devonshire® Premium Belgian Chocolate Chip Waffles, defrosted
- 4 c Monarch® Organic Four Berry Assortment, 1 cup of each berry, thawed
- 2 oz. Cross Valley Farms® Fresh Mint, leaves cut in fine chiffonade, plus extra sprigs for garnish
- 1.5 oz. Rykoff Sexton® Meyer Lemon Juice
- 1 oz. Monarch Granulated Sugar
- 48 oz. Monarch Hot Fudge Topping
- 1 tsp. Monarch Ground Cinnamon
- ½ tsp. Monarch Ground Cayenne Pepper
- ½ tsp. Monarch Almond Extract
- 7 ea. Cross Valley Farms Bananas
- 6 oz. Monarch Granulated Sugar
- 2 oz. Monarch Powdered Confectioner’s Sugar
- In a large mixing bowl gently combine drained berries, sugar, lemon juice and 10 mint leaves cut chiffonade; keep cold.
- In a small sauce pot, warm chocolate and spices over medium-low heat stirring frequently; stir in extract and keep warm.
- Just before serving, peel and slice bananas and cut in half lengthwise; sprinkle cut surfaces evenly with sugar and caramelize using a blowtorch.
- Toast waffles until warm in toaster, oven or microwave and cut lengthwise into thirds. Garnish with a brûléed banana half and about ¼ cup of macerated berries. Garnish with mint and powdered sugar.