Tuna Tiradito, Serrano-Cilantro, Passion Fruit and Jicama
- 4 c Cilantro
- 1⁄3 c Kewpie or Japanese-style mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 c Extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄3 c Serrano chilies, seeded and chopped
- 2 T Poblano chili, seeded
- 3⁄4 c Lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tsp. Salt
- 8 oz. Sushi-grade tuna
- 3 oz. Jicama, diced small
- 2 oz. Passion fruit
- Microgreens, to garnish
Blend cilantro, mayonnaise, olive oil and chilies until almost smooth, leaving bits of cilantro. Season with lime juice and salt; set aside.
Slice tuna 1⁄4-inch thick on a bias and fan out on 2 plates. Drizzle cilantro-chili sauce on top and garnish with jicama, passion fruit and microgreens. Makes 2 servings.
Chef/Owner Stephanie Izard, Cabra, Chicago, Illinois, from Food Fanatics Magazine®