- 1 ea. 3-oz. Octopus Tentacle
- 2 tsp. Dijonnaise
- 1 ea. Split-Top Hot Dog Bun, buttered and lightly griddled
- 1 T Sauerkraut
- 1 tsp. Pickled Mustard Seed, recipe follows
- 1 ea. Green Apple, small, thinly sliced
- 1 T Trout Roe
- Seasoned fish stock, as needed
Slowly braise octopus or squid in fish stock; keep warm. Spread dijonnaise on the bun, add layer of sauerkraut and top with tentacle. Add pickled seeds to the bottom side and line with sliced apple on the other side, followed by roe nearest the tentacle.
To make pickled mustard seeds: Toast 1 cup mustard seeds until fragrant. Simmer in 1 cup rice vinegar, ½ cup sugar and ¼ cup mirin. Cool and add 2 tablespoons chopped chives. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Executive Chef Justin Fallon Ivory Pearl, Brookline, Massachusetts from Food Fanatics® Magazine