Quinoa Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
- 4 oz. Chef's Line® Mild Taco Flavored Quinoa Crumbles
- 2 oz. Roseli® Canola Olive Oil Blend
- 1/2 tsp. Monarch® Kosher Salt
- 3 ea. Del Pasado® Yellow Corn Tortillas
- 3 oz. Cross Valley Farms® Golden Pineapple, peeled and small diced
- 1 oz. Cross Valley Farms Red Onion, peeled and finely diced
- 1 T Cross Valley Farms Cilantro, minced
- 1 Cross Valley Farms Fresh Lime, juiced
- 2 oz. Cross Valley Farms Heirloom Cherry Tomato Blend
- 1 T Cross Valley Farms Jalapeño, seeded and minced
- Heat a large sauté pan filmed with oil over medium high heat.
- When the oil is hot, crumble in the quinoa, breaking into small clumps and season with salt.
- Cook over medium high heat, stirring occasionally, until hot and starting to caramelize in spots. Set aside and keep warm.
- Warm tortillas on a flat top or grill until heated through.
- Combine pineapple, onion, cilantro, lime juice, tomatoes and jalapeño, stirring to blend.
- Assemble 3 tacos per serving: divide quinoa crumbles between the tortillas, and top with pineapple salsa.
Recipe by Chef Laura Vaughn, Brands Chef, Corporate Kitchen, Rosemont, IL