Sugar-Dusted Beignets With Chicory Ganache
- 100 ea. Devonshire® Croissant Beignets
- 5 lb. Powdered Sugar (quantity as needed)
- 5 lb. 65% Cacao Chocolate, finely chopped
- 3 qt. Heavy Cream
- 4 tbsp. Granulated Organic Roasted Chicory
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla Bean Paste
Bring the cream to a simmer, then remove from heat.
Add the chicory coffee powder, vanilla and chocolate and allow to melt for 2 minutes, then stir until the mixture is completely smooth.
The ganache will thicken as it cools. Set aside.
Remove Croissant Beignets from freezer and allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes.
Deep-fry for 6–7 minutes, cool for 2 minutes and toss in powdered sugar.
Alternately, you can bake the beignets at 350°F for 16–20 minutes, then toss in sugar.
To serve, portion 4 warm beignets on a plate. Warm ½ cup ganache in a ramekin and serve alongside beignets.
Serving size: 25 servings of four beignets and ½ cup sauce