Romaine Wrapped Reuben
- 113 g Vegan Avocado Mayo
- 56.5 g Ketchup
- 30 g Kosher baby dill pickles, chopped small
- 21 g Shallots, chopped small
- 2 ea. Romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 or 2 slices Pastrami, thinly sliced
- 4 oz. Portobello mushroom, roasted and thinly sliced
- 1 c Brown rice, cooked
- 1 tsp. Nutritional yeast
- 2 oz. Sauerkraut
- ½ tsp. Caraway seeds, chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Combine mayo, ketchup, pickles and shallots to make Reuben sauce; season with salt and pepper and set aside.
Place 2 Romaine lettuce leaves down, overlapping. Spread a thin layer of brown rice on top, sprinkle 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast all over the rice surface, followed by the pastrami and portobello longitudinally, 2 tablespoons Reuben sauce, then 2 ounces sauerkraut and caraway seeds. Roll and wrap and halve (adjust amounts for image if necessary). Makes 1 serving.
Owner Jeanne Cheng Kye’s, Santa Monica, California from Food Fanatics Magazine®