Red Lentil Hummus with Harissa and Toasted Almonds
- 1 c Split Red Lentils, cooked
- ¼ c Tahini
- 2 T Coriander, toasted and ground
- 1 T Cumin, toasted and ground
- 2 ea. Garlic Cloves, crushed
- 1 ea. Lemon, juiced
- 1¼ c Ice Water
- 1 T Olive Oil
- 2 tsp. Salt
- Raw Vegetables, for dipping: carrots, radishes and cucumber sticks
- Harissa Almond Oil; recipe follows
Combine lentils, tahini, coriander, cumin, garlic, lemon juice, water, olive oil and salt in a high-powered blender or food processor and purée until smooth.
To plate, scoop the hummus into a wide bowl, using the back of a spoon to create a circular well. Add harissa almond oil. Serve with vegetables. Makes about 1 liter.
To make harissa almond oil: Combine ½ cup of toasted and coarsely chopped almonds, 1 tablespoon of harissa paste, ½ cup of olive oil, zest of 1 lemon, 1 teaspoon of kosher salt and 1 tablespoon of toasted sesame seeds.
Chef de Cuisine Bryan Oliver Little Saint, Healdsburg, California