- 16-18 oz. Port, preferably Croft
- 8 oz. Mayonnaise
- 9-12 oz. Pizza dough
- 7 oz. Whole milk mozzarella cheese
- 6 ea. Portuguese or Spanish chourico, thin slices, ready to eat
- 2-3 oz. Nduja, preferably Tempesta
- 1/4 cup each microgreens, Bulls Blood and arugula
- 1 oz. shaved topo Sao Jorge Cheese
- Smoked salt, as needed
- Smoked fleur de sel
Reduce port to a glaze by heating it over medium heat in a small sauce pan; cool. Whisk 2 ounces of reduced port into mayonnaise and transfer to a squirt bottle. Place remaining port reduction in another squirt bottle.
Shape and stretch dough into a 12-inch circle. Add mozzarella, leaving a 1⁄4-inch border. Bake in a 900°F heated oven until desired crispiness. Slice into 6 pieces and place onto a serving plate. Quickly pinch nduja into dime-size pieces and place evenly. Lay one slice of chourico on each slice. Add both microgreens and smoked salt. Using a cheese plane shave the cheese. Drizzle the port reduction and cream in a spiral motion. Makes 6 servings.
Chef Tony Gemignani Tony’s Pizza Napoletana, San Francisco from Food Fanatics Magazine®