Pistachio Chermoula Cauliflower with Tahini
- 1 head Cauliflower, separated into florets
- 1⁄2 c Tahini
- 1 ea. Garlic Clove, finely grated
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 2 T Olive Oil
- 1⁄2 ea. Lemon, to taste
- 1 c Cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄2 c Green Onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 c Mint, chopped, pulse extra leaves for garnish
- 1⁄2 Sherry Vinegar
- 1 ea. Garlic Clove, chopped
- 1⁄2 c Pistachios
- 1⁄2 c Medjool Dates, pitted and quartered lengthwise
- Lemon Zest, to garnish
- Kosher Salt, as needed
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil, as directed
- Water, as needed
- Kosher Salt, to taste
Toss cauliflower with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and 1 teaspoon salt, and roast in a heated 425°F oven until crisp-tender, about 10 minutes. Keep warm.
Combine tahini with cumin, 2 teaspoons of olive oil and salt. Whisk in water to desired consistency and season with 1⁄2 lemon; set aside.
To make chermoula, combine cilantro, green onion, mint, sherry vinegar and garlic in a food processor. Pulse until ingredients are combined, but not puréed. Stir in chopped pistachios and season with salt.
At service, spread tahini on the bottom of a shallow bowl. Place cauliflower and dates in the center, drizzle about 4 tablespoons chermoula, scatter with mint and grate lemon zest on top. Makes 4 servings.
Chef Ayesha Nurdjaja, Shuka, New York, from Food Fanatics® Magazine.