Mashed Potato Bacon Scallion Pizza
- 1 16-ounce proofed pizza dough
- Cornmeal as needed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Asiago cheese, grated
- 1 cup mashed potatoes (your recipe)
- 7 ounces grated low moisture mozzarella
- Heavy cream to taste
- ½ cup chopped cooked bacon
- ½ cup bias-cut green onion (1/8th-inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon parsley, rosemary and thyme, mixed
- Salt to taste
Stretch pizza dough into a 16-inch circle and place on a cornmeal-dusted peel. Brush the dough with olive oil. Season with the black pepper and Asiago. Smooth mashed potatoes around the pizza, spreading all the way to the crust and top with the mozzarella. Drizzle generously with cream. Top with the bacon, scallions, parsley and salt.
Bake in the preheated 500 F oven until golden brown. Rotate the pizza halfway through cooking for even browning. Cut and serve. Makes four servings.
Chef Anthony Allen; Otto Pizza; Portland, Maine