Loaded Italian Sausage Burger
- 1 ea. Chef's Line® Italian Sausage Burger, cooked
- 1 ea. Chef's Line Glossy Hamburger Bun, 4.5 Inch, toasted
- 1 tsp. Monarch® White Sesame Seeds
- 1 ea. Glenview Farms® Large Shelled Grade A Eggs, separated
- 2 slices Roseli® Sliced Provolone Cheese
- 2 oz. Cross Valley Farms® Baby Broccoli Cauliflower Blend, roasted
- 1/4 c Roseli Organic Chunky Marinara Sauce, warmed
- 1/4 c Cross Valley Farms Sliced Bell Pepper and Poblano Onion Blend
- 1/4 c Cross Valley Farms Fresh Baby Spinach
- To prepare the seeded bun; start by separating 1 egg and reserve the egg whites.
- Brush the top of the hamburger bun with the thin layer of egg whites and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Place bun tops on a sheet pan and bake at 300°F for 2 minutes, allowing for the sesame seeds to set.
- Preheat griddle to 350°F and cook Italian sausage burger until an internal temperature reaches 160°F, approximately 5 minutes per side.
- While the burger is cooking, sauté the pepper and onion blend and roast the baby broccolini cauliflower blend.
- To assemble the sandwich, start by topping the bottom bun with roasted broccolini cauliflower blend and baby spinach. Then top with cooked Italian sausage patty, sautéed pepper blend, provolone cheese, marinara sauce and sesame seeded top bun.
Recipe by Jeremy DeRango, Brands Sous Chef, Rosemont, IL