Carne Asada French Dip with Roasted Chile Au Jus
- 5 oz. Cattleman's Selection® Carne Asada Steak Strips
- 2 slices Cross Valley Farms® 1/4" Sliced Red Onion
- 6 ea. Sweet Mini Bell Peppers
- 1/3rd ea. Chef's Line® Artisan Sourdough Baguette
- 4 oz. Chef's Line Demi Glace
- 1 tsp. Monarch® Ancho Chili Powder
- 1 slice Glenview Farms® Sliced Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1/2 oz. Rykoff Sexton® Non-GMO Canola Pan Spray
- Heat griddle or sauté pan over medium high heat and spray generously with pan spray.
- Cook sliced onions and mini bell peppers until tender and charred on surface, rotating as necessary. Peel charred skin from peppers. Finely dice 1 pepper and reserve; slice remaining peppers into strips or leave whole as garnish.
- Sauté steak strips until hot and beginning to crisp at edges.
- Griddle cut sides of baguette until lightly toasted.
- Meanwhile, combine demi glace, ancho chile flakes and reserved diced charred pepper in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Add a few teaspoons of water as necessary to reach desired au jus consistency, and cook until flavors have blended. Keep warm.
- In a medium bowl, stir together steak, peppers, onions and a spoonful of au jus; mound into warm baguette and lay sliced pepper jack cheese across top; broil top of sandwich to melt cheese and serve with hot au jus as a dipping sauce.
Recipe by Chef Laura Vaughn, Corporate Brands Chef, Rosemont, IL