Caprese Penne Pasta
- 1/4 c Rykoff Sexton® Slow Roasted Tomatoes, drained
- 2 oz. Rykoff Sexton Extra Virgin Oilve Oil
- Glenview Farms® Unsalted Butter
- 2 oz. Cross Valley Farms® Peeled Garlic, chopped
- 1 c Roseli® Penne Pasta, cooked
- 1 T Cross Valley Farms Italian Parsley, chopped
- 2 oz. Roseli Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 tsp. Monarch® Ground Black Pepper
- 4 oz. Roseli Fresh Mozzarella Ciliegine, drained
- 4 leaves Cross Valley Farms Fresh Basil, picked
- 1/4 tsp. Cross Valley Farms Lemons, zested
- In a large sauté pan, over medium to low heat, add oil and chopped garlic. Cook garlic until toasted.
- Add parsley, black pepper, roasted tomatoes, butter and cooked pasta.
- Toss together until butter has melted, then add Parmesan cheese, and continue to toss until cheese has melted into pasta.
- Before serving, toss in fresh mozzarella cheese and plate.
- Top with sprigs of basil and fresh lemon zest.
Recipe by Jeremy DeRango, Brands Sous Chef, Rosemont, IL