Argentine Red Shrimp In Diablo Sauce
- 1 cup Rykoff Sexton® Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 shallots, minced
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 #10 can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup Roseli® Tomato Paste
- 1 cup dry white wine (optional)
- 3 pounds Harbor Banks® Argentine Red Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 pound clams
- 1 pound mussels
- 3 tablespoons parsley
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 3 tablespoon ground black pepper to taste
- 3 pounds spaghetti pasta or couscous
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir shallot and garlic in hot oil until tender, about 5 minutes. Add red pepper flakes; cook and stir to release flavor, about 1 minute. Stir tomato paste and fire-roasted tomatoes into the shallot mixture. Thin the sauce by stirring the white wine into the mixture; cook and stir until sauce becomes thick and bubbly, 4 to 5 minutes.
Reduce heat to medium-low. Add shrimp to the tomato mixture; cook and stir until shrimp are pink and cooked through, about 5 minutes. Season with parsley, basil and black pepper.
Serve sauce over hot pasta or couscous. Yield: 24 each, 8 ounce servings.