Wagyu Burger with Pulled Bacon and Hollandaise
- 1 patty Stock Yards® All Natural* Waygu Burger
- 1/2 ea. Seedless English Cucumber
- 1/4 oz. Monarch® Kosher Salt, divided
- 1/8 oz. Monarch Black Pepper
- 1 oz. Chef's Line® Beef Demi Glace
- 1 oz. Monarch Hollandaise Sauce
- 1 Chef's Line Glossy Bun, defrosted
- 1 oz. Chef's Line Pulled Applewood Bacon
- 1/8 oz. Microgreens
- Preheat griddle or sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Using a mandoline or vegetable peeler, thinly peel cucumber lengthwise into the flesh, until you get to the seeds. Turn cucumber over and repeat on other side to create long, thin cucumber ribbons. Place in colander and sprinkle with salt, and toss lightly. Allow excess water to drain from cucumbers for 15 minutes, blot dry and chill.
- Warm demi glace and hollandaise sauces according to package directions; keep warm.
- Season burger with salt and pepper and place on preheated griddle, cooking for several minutes until bottom is well caramelized. Flip burger over and continue to cook until desired degree of doneness is reached.
- Place the cut sides of the bun and the pulled bacon on griddle to heat through.
- To assemble, mound cucumber ribbons on bottom bun, then top with burger, a drizzle of demi glace, a mound of bacon, microgreens and finally a dollop of warm hollandaise sauce. Place top bun, and serve immediately.
Recipe by Chef Laura Vaughn, Brands Sous Chef, Rosemont, IL
*No artificial ingredients, minimally processed.