Zucchini and Sage Scones
- 200 grams flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 60 grams butter, cubed
- 130 grams whole milk, plus 1 tablespoon
- 5 grams Parmesan, freshly grated
- ½ cup zucchini (unpeeled) large shred, liquid squeezed
- 1 teaspoon sage, chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 tablespoons colby or other soft cheese, grated
Combine flour, baking powder and salt In food processor and pulse until mixed. Add butter and pulse until it resembles gravel (just combined). Add 130 grams milk slowly and only until dough just comes together. Add Parmesan, zucchini and sage.
Turn out onto floured surface and knead just to bring dough together.
Pat into a square (about 5x5 inches) about 1-inch thick. Using a knife, cut into 8 squares of equal size and transfer onto lightly greased or parchment-lined baking tray. Whip yolk with remaining milk and brush tops of scones. Top with cheese and bake in preheated 425F oven about 12 minutes until golden and puffed. Makes 8 scones.
Owner Andrea Carbine, A Toute Heure, Cranford, N.J.