Wild Green Cilbir
- 1 quart full-fat unflavored yogurt
- 1 small bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 1 bunch fresh dill, finely chopped
- 7 crushed garlic cloves, divided use
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cups milkweed or wild purslane
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- Sun-dried pesto, recipe follows
- 2 eggs, sunny-side up
- Small handful of goat cheese
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice, to taste
- Sweet cicely, for garnish
- Toasted baguette
Combine yogurt with parsley, dill and 5 crushed garlic cloves in a large bowl; set aside. In a large sauté pan, heat olive oil. Mince remaining garlic and add to the pan, being careful not to burn. Add greens and stir rapidly for about 1 minute until slightly charred. Remove from heat.
Melt butter and coconut oil in a small pot and stir in red pepper flakes, cooking over low heat for about 3 minutes; set aside.
Scoop a generous portion of yogurt mixture on plate and top with equal amount of sundried tomato pesto. Top with eggs, greens and pesto.
Scatter crumbled goat cheese over the dish and drizzle coconut-butter pepper flake sauce atop. Finish with squeeze of fresh lemon juice and sweet cicely. Pair with crisp grilled baguette or toast. Makes 1 serving with leftover ingredients.
For sun-dried pesto: Combine 17 ounces sun-dried tomato, 1 cup Parmigiano Reggiano, ½ cup high-quality olive oil, ½ cup slivered unsalted almonds, 2 tablespoons high-quality tahini, and cracked black pepper and kosher salt to taste in food processor. Process until smooth but still chunky. Adjust seasonings. Makes 3 cups.
Recipe by Chef Larry Hanes, Eggshell Bistro, Carmel, Indiana, from Food Fanatics Magazine