Vegan Ingredient Salad
- 2 1⁄2 ounces cut romaine
- 1 ounce spring mix
- 2 tablespoons roasted corn kernels
- 1 pinch thinly sliced cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon dry cured olives, chopped
- 8 grape tomatoes, halved
- 8 pieces radish, thinly sliced
- 4 basil leaves, torn in half
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- Freshly grated black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup lemon tahini dressing, recipe follows
- 1⁄4 avocado, diced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salted sunflower seeds, roasted
Combine romaine, spring mix, corn, cauliflower, olives, tomatoes, radishes, basil, salt, pepper and dressing in a large mixing bowl. Toss.
Place mix in the center of a salad bowl and top with diced avocado and sunflower seeds. Makes 1 salad.
To make lemon tahini dressing: Combine 8 garlic cloves, juice from half lemon, 21⁄2 tablespoons tahini, 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard, 2 teaspoons evaporated cane sugar, 1 teaspoon kosher salt and 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast, and process while slowly adding 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil and 1⁄2 cup grapeseed oil until emulsified. Refrigerate. Makes 11⁄2 cups.
Vegan Ingredient Salad, Director of Culinary Standards Brad Borchardt, Flower Child, multiple locations