Spring Greens with Candied Pecans, Apple, Feta and Maple Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1 lb. Cross Valley Farms® Spring Mesclun Salad Mix
- 3 c Sweet and Spicy Candied Pecans
- 4 Cross Valley Farms Gala Apples, sliced thinly
- 12 oz. Glenview Farms® Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 4 oz. Cross Valley Farms Scallions, trimmed and sliced thinly
- For Dressing:
- 4 oz. Roseli® Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 oz. Rykoff Sexton® Maple Syrup
- 3 oz. Optimax® Canola Oil
- 1 T Rykoff Sexton Whole Grain Dijon Mustard
- 1/8 oz. Cross Valley Farms Fresh Thyme, leaves stripped and stems discarded
- ½ tsp. Monarch Kosher Salt
- ¼ tsp. Monarch Black Pepper
- Place greens in a large serving bowl (or divide it among individual salad plates).
- Sprinkle scallions, apples, Sweet and Spicy Candied Pecans and cheese over top of greens.
- For dressing, whisk together balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, olive oil, mustard, and salt until emulsified.
- Dress salad just before serving, or pass the dressing at the table.
Yield: 25 portions