Seared Yellowfin Tuna over Ancient Black Rice
- 24 packs Chef's Line® Seared Yellowfin Tuna Slices (3 ounces per pack)
- 6 cups black rice
- 12 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup Pacific Jade® Sesame Oil
- 1 bunch chives
- 2 pounds assorted colored bell peppers
- 2 pounds Rykoff Sexton® Caramelized Onions
- 2 tablespoons coarse sea salt
Prepare black rice with vegetable stock. Combine finely diced colored bell peppers and pre-cooked caramelized onions in with black rice during the last 15 minutes of steaming. Gently fork to combine and allow to rest warm before service. Rice should be al dente.
Thaw seared yellowfin tuna slices under proper manufacturer’s guidelines. IMPORTANT: Vent pouch and allow to thaw under proper refrigeration at 38°- 40°. Pieces will separate nicely once completely thawed.
For best results, do not tear or shred tuna Slices.
Assemble tuna bowl over 1 cup (4 ounces) warm seasoned black rice, topped with 3 ounces (one package) seared yellowfin tuna slices, chives and a drizzle of sesame oil and dust with coarse sea salt.
Yield: 24 each, 7 ounce serving.