Plant-Based Truffle Pâté
- 3 lb. Molly’s Kitchen® Plant-Based Burger Patty
- 1 lb. Rykoff Sexton® Caramelized Sliced Onions
- 3 lb. Cross Valley Farms® Crimini Mushrooms, sliced or Cross Valley Farms Shiitake Mushrooms, sliced
- 4 oz. Roseli® White Truffle Oil
- 1 tsp. Monarch® Ground White Pepper
- 2 oz. Cross Valley Farms Fresh Thyme
- 38 fl. oz. Monarch Raspberry Melba Sauce or Vegan Fruit Jelly
- 5 lb. Vegan Butter
- 2 c Warm Water
In a rondeau over medium heat, add one pound of Vegan Butter, sliced Crimini Mushrooms or Shiitake Mushrooms and Caramelized Sliced Onions. Cook until mushrooms are evenly browned but still soft.
Add Plant-Based Burger Patty and cook until slightly brown, yet still pink. Add Warm Water, Salt, Fresh Thyme and Ground White Pepper, then remove from heat.
While still hot, blend in high RPM blender in batches, while adding in remaining Vegan Butter and White Truffle Oil.
Place blended mixture in large stainless-steel mixing bowl and mix until all blended ingredients are incorporated.
Pass through tamis strainer or kitchen sieve.
Place five ounces into small Mason jars and tap until top is level. Ensure rims of jars are clean.
Add 11/2 ounces of Raspberry Melba Sauce or Vegan Fruit Jelly to the top of each filled jar. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Product is then ready for service.
Recipe provided by Chef Dennis Johnston
Yield: Approximately 27 portions