Farro Spoon Salad and Arugula
- 1 cup farro, uncooked
- 1 cup English peas, cooked and shocked
- ¼ cup sheep’s milk feta, crumbled
- ¼ cup green olives, sliced into rings
- 3 tablespoons unsalted sunflower seeds, shelled
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 2 ounces lemon juice
- 2 ounces extra virgin olive oil
- 5 ounces baby arugula
Simmer farro in 5 to 6 quarts of cold, lightly salted water until tender, 25 to 30 minutes. Strain and run under cold water.Combine all ingredients in a large bowl except the lemon juice, olive oil and arugula. Combine lemon juice and olive oil in a small bowl to make a simple vinaigrette. To serve, mix half the lemon vinaigrette with spoon salad and season with salt and pepper. Pour the other half of the vinaigrette over arugula. Plate the salad on top of a bed of arugula. Makes 2 servings.
Executive Chef/Co-Owner Tom Berry; The Proprietors Bar & Table, Nantucket, Mass.