- 10 ounces ground fajita skirt steak
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 medium egg
- 1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
- Kosher salt, as needed
- Freshly ground black pepper, as needed
- 2 ounces Oaxaca cheese
- ½ ounce garlic butter
- 1 whole poblano pepper, grilled, sliced into strips
- 2 to 3 slices red onion, grilled
- 1 challah bun
- 1 tablespoon chipotle mayonnaise
- ½ avocado, sliced
Combine ground beef, flour, egg and breadcrumbs. Season with salt and pepper and form 2 patties.
Cook on flat grill at 375° F until medium-rare or medium, about 5 minutes each side. Place cheese on patty to melt; remove and let rest.
Melt the garlic butter and add peppers and onions. Saute until tender.
Toast challah bun; spread mayo on bottom slice.
Place grilled patties on bottom slice; top with onions, peppers and avocado. Makes 1 burger.
Recipe by Executive Chef Alex Padilla, The Original Ninfa’s on Navigation, Houston, from Food Fanatics Magazine