Dayboat Scallop Sashimi
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons yuzu or lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and diced
- Zest of 1 orange
- 12 large sea scallops
- 2 green onion, sliced on bias
- 3 tablespoons cilantro leaves
- 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
- 4 jalapeño peppers, sliced thin, tempura battered and fried
Combine soy sauce, yuzu, orange juice, ginger and orange zest. Slice scallops paper-thin and divide on 6 plates in a single layer. Top with green onion and drizzle with soy-citrus sauce.
In a sauce pan, heat grapeseed and sesame oil until oil begins to smoke. Remove from heat and drizzle a small amount over the scallops. Top with toasted sesame seeds, cilantro and fried jalapeño. Makes 6 servings.
Executive Chef Jeffrey Jake; Silverado Resort and Spa, Napa, Calif.