Cayman Hot Dogs with Mango Slaw and Redfish Ceviche
- 8 ounces redfish, sliced
- 2 ounces red onion, diced small
- 1 ounce red and green bell pepper, diced small
- 2 ounces coconut milk
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1 ounce cilantro, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 ounces mango, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces papaya, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces soba noodles, cooked
- 1 ounce cucumber, thinly sliced
- ½ ounce green onion, thinly sliced
- ½ ounce cashews, chopped
- 1 ounce sesame dressing, your recipe
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns
Combine fish, onion and bell peppers and toss with coconut milk, lime juice and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper to taste; set aside.
Combine mango, papaya, noodles, cucumber, green onion and cashews. Toss with sesame dressing and season with salt and pepper to taste; set aside.
Grill hot dogs and buns. Top with ceviche and slaw. Makes 8 servings.
Executive Chef Michael Farrell, Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa, Cayman Islands