Avocado Tomatillo Salsa
- 4 medium tomatillos, finely diced
- 2 large avocados, finely diced
- 1 scallion, finely dice
- ¼ red bell pepper, cored and finely diced
- ¼ green bell pepper, cored and finely diced
- 2 serrano chilies, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt, as needed
Combine half of the tomatillos, avocados, scallion and bell peppers; set aside.
Blend remaining tomatillos, serranos, cilantro and lime juice until smooth. Drizzle in olive oil. Gently fold into avocado mixture and season with salt. Let stand at least 30 minutes to meld favors; chill. Serve with grilled chicken or chips. Makes about 1½ cups.
Chef-owner Stephan Pyles; Flora Street Cafe, Dallas