Kouign Amann [queen a-mahn]
Already a customer? To buy, log into US Foods.
- Made with croissant dough laminated to 65 layers, filled with salted sugar and butter and baked in an individual lined muffin cup
- The Kouign Amann-style pastry comes from the Brittany region in France, where high quality sea salt is harvested
- Made with 9 hour preferment, European-style New Zealand butter and a salt to sugar ratio of 1:20
- Exterior is crunchy, caramelized pastry, while interior is soft, buttery and rich. Bottom is similar to a sticky bun.
- Popular in smaller pastry shops that can manage the difficult process of making these items
- On-Trend: plays off the artisanal bakery trend of donut and croissant hybrids, as well as the existing popularity of this item in both France and the U.S.
- Clean label ingredients customers crave
- Great alternative to traditional breakfast pastries
- Versatile for breakfast, brunch, grab and-go or as a dessert topped with ice cream
- Also part of a larger artisanal trend for hyper-regional ethnic food items
Pairs Well With
Half-Size Aluminum Sheet Pan
Superior® Half-Size Aluminum Sheet Pan features a coated, galvanized bead wire for added strength. It has an even cooking surface and is great for baking prep
Full-Size Aluminum Sheet Pan - 19 Gauge
Thunder Group® Full-Size Aluminum Sheet Pan is the perfect combination of versatility and value. Use it for baking, prep work and so much more
BROWSE THOUSANDS OF INNOVATIVE PRODUCTS, PLUS IDEAS AND TRENDS