- 3 cups gluten-free flour
- 1 ounce light chili powder, or to taste
- Salt and pepper, as needed
- 1 1⁄2 pounds chicken breast, trimmed into 2-inch strips
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄2 gallon vegetable oil
- 16 cups mixed field greens
- 1 cup bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup carrots, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, diced small
- 1⁄2 cup green onions, chopped small
- 8 ounces ranch dressing, your recipe
Season gluten-free flour with chili powder, salt and pepper; set aside. Soak chicken strips in buttermilk and dredge in seasoned flour. Fry breaded chicken strips in vegetable oil at 350 F for 5 minutes or until done. Chop cooked chicken strips.
Divide field greens into four bowls. Top salads with equal parts chicken, bacon and vegetables. Serve with ranch dressing. Makes 4 servings.
Weekender Salad, Co-founder and Chef Tom Dynan, Unleavened Fresh Kitchen, Dallas and Southlake, Texas