Wagyu Flank Steak with Epazote Pesto
- 6 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, plus extra as needed
- 1 tablespoon toasted coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- ½ tablespoon Aleppo chile, crushed
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, plus extra as needed
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- Kosher salt to taste
- 6 ounces Wagyu flank steak
- ½ cup epazote
- ½ cup basil
- 4 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 3 cloves cloves garlic
Combine 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, coriander, cumin, crushed chile, cayenne, 1 teaspoon black pepper, minced garlic and salt to taste. Brush half of mixture onto flank steak and let marinate 30 minutes. Grill medium rare and brush with remaining marinade; let rest 10 minutes.
Meanwhile combine remaining ingredients in a food processor, slowly adding remaining extra virgin olive oil. Adjust seasonings.
To serve, place about 2 tablespoons of pesto onto plate. Slice meat against the grain and fan on top of pesto.
Executive Chef John Jackson; Bocanova, Oakland, Calif.