Swiss Miss Potatoes
- 2 large Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 large bacon slices
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 3 ounces butter, divided use
- 1 small white onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 to 2 cups half-and-half, heated
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 slices crispy bacon, chopped
- ½ cup cornichons (thick-sliced)
- 8 ounces raclette, grated
Cook potatoes in salted water until tender. Pulse bacon and garlic in a food processor to form a paste. Cook in a hot pan until well-browned.
Heat 1 ounce butter in saute pan and cook onion until soft and brown. Make mashed potatoes with cooked potatoes, half-and-half, remaining butter and yogurt; season with salt and pepper
Preheat cast-iron or other heavy skillet. Combine potatoes, crisp bacon, cornichons and parsley. Evenly sprinkle raclette over the top and broil under salamander until hot and bubbly. Makes 2 to 4 servings.
Chef David McMillian, Bird Cafe, Fort Worth, Texas