Sweet and Spicy Candied Pecans
- 1 can Rykoff Sexton® Non-GMO Canola Oil-Based Cooking Spray
- 8 c Monarch® Pecan Halves
- 2 c Monarch Confectioner’s Sugar
- 1 T Monarch Kosher Salt
- 2 tsp. Monarch Cayenne Pepper
- 1 T Monarch Cinnamon
- 1 T Monarch Ground Cumin
- 3-4 oz. Water
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the confectioner’s sugar, salt, spices and water. Stir in the nuts until they are evenly coated.
- Arrange nuts in a single layer on a parchment-lined sheet pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the pecans are crusty on top and caramelized and golden on the bottom.
- Remove from the oven and immediately spray with non-GMO cooking spray to prevent the nuts from clumping together as they cool.
Yield: 8 cups