Salted Caramel Apple Pie in a Jar
- 12 Chef’s Line® 4'' Rustic Apple Tarts, baked and cooled, roughly chopped
- 16 oz. Glenview Farms® Mascarpone Cheese
- 1 qt. Glenview Farms Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 T Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1 tsp. Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- 8 oz. Monarch® Caramel Sauce
- 1 oz. Monarch Kosher Salt
- Place mascarpone in a large mixing bowl and beat with the whisk attachment until cheese is creamed. Add the whipping cream, vanilla, and spices and beat for 1–2 minutes on high, or until the mixture is smooth and firm.
- Layer 1/3 of the apple tart pieces on the bottom of 25 serving bowls or Ball jars, reserving crumbs and crust edges for garnish.
- Spread 1/3 of the cream mixture onto the pie pieces, followed by 3 tablespoons of the sauce and a sprinkle of salt to taste.
- Repeat layers two more times, and then sprinkle pie crust crumbles on top of trifle for garnish. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Yield: 25 portions