Rainbow Veggie & Shrimp Spring Rolls
- 4 pounds Cross Valley Farms® Shredded Rainbow Veggie Blend
- 2 heads Cross Valley Farms Romaine Lettuce, Julienned
- 1 bunch Cross Valley Farms Mint
- 1 bunch Cross Valley Farms Basil
- 1 bunch Cross Valley Farms Cilantro
- 1 cup Dry Roasted Peanuts, Ground
- 2 pounds Harbor Banks® Cooked Argentine Shrimp, Cut in Half Lengthwise
- 4 oz. Cross Valley Farms Scallions, Julienned
- 2-3 packages 8-in. Rice Paper Sheets
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Fish Sauce
- 4 each Limes (juice)
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1/4 cup Sesame Seeds, Toasted
- 4 oz. Scallions, Cut Into Thin Rings
To make dressing/dipping sauce:
Bring the sugar and water to a boil in a small pan, cool then stir in the fish sauce, lime juice, sriracha, sesame seeds and scallions. Reserve.
To make spring rolls:
Julienne the lettuce, pull leaves from the herbs. Lightly toss the shredded rainbow veggies and scallions with a little dressing, stir in the peanuts.
Dip rice paper sheets one at a time in a pan of hot water until soft – about 10 seconds.
Place refreshed rice paper on a work surface covered with a damp towel. Place a few herb leaves on the bottom third of the sheet, along with lettuce and rainbow veggies.
Roll – burrito style – top to bottom, folding in the sides of the rice paper as you roll.
Add the halved shrimp cut side down, after you’ve made the first rolling motion, so when they are served you can see them through the translucent skins. Keep rolling the wrapper in a cylinder until it is sealed.
Serve with the dipping sauce. Yield: 25 portions (3 rolls per serving).