Quick Pickled Watermelon Radish
- 2 pounds Cross Valley Farms® Trimmed Watermelon Radishes
- 2 cups red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup Rykoff Sexton® Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pink peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon whole mustard seeds
- 2 each bay leafs
Prepare pickling liquid. Bring to a boil all vinegars, 1 cup water, spices and sugar. Allow to cool. Strain out peppercorns, bay leaf, etc.
Slice watermelon radishes to desired thickness. Place watermelon radishes in cold pickling liquid. Allow to steep 3-4 hours.
NOTE: Pink interior of radish will seep into green rind. For best results, use pickled watermelon radishes after 4 hours or same day. Pickling liquid can be reserved for daily pickling if desired, provided radishes are cleaned and added daily. Yield: 2 pounds.