Mexican Shrimp Cocktail with Taqueria Salsa
- 3½ lb. Harbor Banks® Argentine Red Shrimp 21-25 count, defrosted and drained
- 3 T Monarch® Pickling Spice
- 10 Cross Valley Farms® Avocados, peeled, seeded and diced
- 50 oz. del Pasado® Taqueria-Style Fire-Roasted Salsa
- 5 c Monarch Ancho Chili Powder
- 5 Limes
- 2 lb. White Corn Tortilla Chips
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the pickling spice. Prepare an ice bath.
- When boiling, add the shrimp and cook until just tender, about 3-5 minutes. Immediately transfer to the ice bath with a slotted spoon, and as soon as the shrimp are cool, drain and refrigerate.
- Slice 1 lime and squeeze juice into a shallow dish. Dip 25 serving cups into lime juice and then into another shallow dish filled with ancho chili powder. Set aside.
- Carefully portion about 2 oz. salsa into each cup. Top with a few cubes of avocado. Arrange 3 chilled shrimp into each glass. Garnish with a lime wedge and a handful of tortilla chips.
Yield: 25 appetizer portions