Mari Wara Kukra (Chicken Cooked in Black Pepper)
- 3 to 4 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon ginger root, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ cup butter
- 1½ tablespoons black pepper, crushed
Process tomatoes and onion in a blender. Heat oil and brown chicken; drain. Add other ingredients (except butter and pepper) and saute. Add tomato mixture and simmer until chicken is cooked.
In another pan, melt butter. Add the black pepper. Once it starts sizzling, add chicken mixture and cook for a couple minutes to combine flavors. Serve with rice, roti or tortillas. Makes 4 servings.
Owner Yasmin Wages; Malai Kitchen, Dallas