- 1 cup toasted panko crumbs
- 1/4 cup ranch powdered seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon crispy chicken skin, chopped
- 1 teaspoon scallions, finely sliced
- 6 to 8 ears corn, shucked and halved
- Jerk butter, as needed, recipe follows
- Housemade mayonnaise, your recipe
- 6 to 8 lime wedges
- Chili powder, as needed
Combine panko with ranch seasoning, chicken skin and scallions; set aside.
Cook corn in lightly salted water for 2 to 3 minutes. Drain, brush with jerk butter and wrap in foil. Place on a sheet pan and roast in a 375 ℉ oven or a medium-heat grill top for about 5 minutes.
Remove foil and brush with more jerk butter. Coat with mayonnaise and roll in breadcrumbs. Dip limes in chile power and serve with corn.
To make jerk butter: Combine 2 teaspoons each cayenne pepper, onion powder, salt, sugar and thyme; 1 teaspoon each allspice, black pepper, crushed red pepper, cumin, nutmeg and paprika; and ¼ teaspoon cinnamon. Add to ½ pound softened unsalted butter and 1 tablespoon roasted and chopped garlic.
Chef Nina Compton, Compere Lapin, New Orleans, LA, from Food Fanatics Magazine