Inside Artichoke Salad
- 6 ounces romaine, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 1⁄3 cup garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄3 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 ounces baby arugula
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinaigrette, recipe follows
Place all ingredients in a bowl and toss with vinaigrette until incorporated. Makes 1 salad.
To make red wine vinaigrette, combine 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar, 1 tablespoon pure clover honey, 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, 1 teaspoon chopped garlic, 1 tablespoon chopped shallot, 1 teaspoon ground Dijon mustard, 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire, 1⁄2 teaspoon whole black pepper, in blender. Blend, slowly adding 21⁄4 cups olive oil to emulsify. Makes 3 cups.
Inside Artichoke Salad, Corporate Executive Chef Tony Gentile, Clever Greens, Omaha, Nebraska