Hickory Grilled Peaches with Ginger Gelato and Granola
- 4 medium-sized peaches, halved and pitted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme chopped
- 1 ounce bourbon rum or sherry
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup granola, your recipe
- 2 cups ginger gelato, your recipe
Marinate peaches, honey, thyme, bourbon and lemon zest in a sealable bag for 2 hours or overnight. Place peaches cut side-down on a hot grill, over the direct heat.
Cook peaches until lightly charred with “zebra marks,” approximately 5 minutes. Remove peaches, place in individual serving bowls and cool. Scoop vanilla ice cream in centers and dust evenly with the granola. Makes 4 servings.
Christian Graves, Citizen Rail, Denver, CO, from Food Fanatics Magazine