Grilled Lamb Loin, Spring Pea and Potato Hash
- 4 10-oz. lamb loins
- 2 c Yukon Gold potatoes, unpeeled, cut in 3⁄4-in. cubes
- 5 T Olive oil, divided use
- 1 c English peas, blanched
- 1 c Greek yogurt, whole milk
- 2 T Honey
- 3 T Mint, minced, divided use
- 2 c Cooked Israeli couscous, room temperature
- 1 T Fresh chives, minced
- Grilled frisée, for serving
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
Season lamb with salt and pepper; grill 3 to 4 minutes per side. Rest.
Toss potatoes with 3 tablespoons oil and salt and pepper to taste. Roast at 375°F until crisp and golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Coarsely smash together with peas; keep warm.
Stir together yogurt, honey and 2 tablespoons mint; set aside.
Combine couscous, remaining 2 tablespoons oil, 1 tablespoon mint, chives, and, salt and pepper taste.
To plate, slice lamb on a bias. Mound hash atop couscous and fan with lamb. Top with grilled frisée and a sprinkle of salt. Drizzle with mint yogurt.
Executive chef Vinny Cornils, The Original, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, from Food Fanatics® magazine