Gluten Free Brown Butter Cacio e Pepe with Jammy Egg
- 2 oz. Roseli® Premium Gluten Free 100% Chickpea Penne
- 2 oz. Glenview Farms® 83% European Style Unsalted Butter
- 1/4 tsp. Monarch® Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 oz. Roseli Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 ea. Glenview Farms Cage Free Brown Shell Egg
- 1/8 oz. Cross Valley Farms® Italian Parsley, optional
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil, gently lower egg into water and set timer for 6 1/2 minutes. Prepare an ice bath and when the timer goes off, immediately transfer the egg into the ice bath until just cool enough to handle. Keep warm and set aside.
- Cook penne according to package directions; drain, reserving 1 cup cooking water. Set aside.
- Combine butter and pepper in a medium saucepan; cook over medium heat, watching closely, for 5-7 minutes or until butter foams and turns golden brown. Stir in cheese until starting to soften, then whisk in hot pasta water, a few spoonfuls at a time, until sauce is desired consistency. Stir in pasta and adjust consistency and seasonings.
- Stir in reserved cooking water, a few spoonfuls at a time, until sauce is desired consistency. Portion onto serving plate and keep warm.
- Crack warm egg with the back of knife and carefully remove the shell. Place the egg onto the pasta and cut in half just before serving. Garnish finished dish with parsley and additional cheese and black pepper if desired.
By Chef Laura Vaughn, Brands Chef, Rosemont, IL