Farmer's Market Faux Fried Rice with Pulled Bacon
- 6-1/4 lb. Cross Valley Farms® Shaved Purple and Green Brussels Sprouts
- 4-1/2 lb. Chef’s Line® All Natural* Pulled Uncured Bacon
- 3 c Rykoff Sexton® Toasted Sesame Oil
- 25 ea. Glenview Farms® Cage Free Large Brown Eggs
- 11 lb. Chef’s Line Gluten-Free Quinoa, Green Chickpea, Kale and Edamame Blend
- 1 oz. Cross Valley Farms Trimmed Green Onion
- 3 c Chef’s Line Korean Barbecue Sauce
- 1/2 oz. Metro Deli® Spicy Secret Sauce
- 1/2 oz. Metro Deli Black Sesame Seeds
- 1/2 oz. Monarch® Whole Sesame Seeds
Roast or sauté Shaved Purple and Green Brussels Sprouts to add a little color, while keeping them al dente.
Portion All Natural* Pulled Uncured Bacon from refrigerated to ensure capture of the fat.
Crack and scramble Cage Free Large Brown Eggs.
Bias cut Trimmed Green Onions.
Hold all above prepared items refrigerated until service.
Portion Gluten-Free Quinoa, Green Chickpea, Kale and Edamame Blend into one-cup servings and hold frozen.
Mix Korean Barbecue Sauce with 21/4 cups of Spicy Secret Sauce and hold refrigerated. The remaining Spicy Secret Sauce is to garnish the plate when finished.
Heat Toasted Sesame Oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add All Natural* Pulled Uncured Bacon to render fat and start to crisp the meat.
Add in the Gluten-Free Quinoa, Green Chickpea, Kale and Edamame Blend and toss in the All Natural* Pulled Uncured Bacon and fats to toast the greens lightly.
Add in the Shaved Purple and Green Brussels Sprouts and the scrambled egg along with the Trimmed Green Onion and toss to warm through.
Add in the sauce mixture and toss to combine.
Spoon or brush reserved Spicy Secret Sauce onto outer edge of plate. Take Faux Fried Rice and mound in center of plate. Garnish with Black Sesame Seeds and Whole Sesame Seeds on the rice and over the sauce on the plate.
Recipe provided by Chef Matthew Dean
*No artificial ingredients. Minimally processed.
Yield: 25 servings