Dessert Nachos with Ice Cream and Salted Date-Caramel Sauce
- 3–3 1/4 lb. Hilltop Hearth® Pita Chips
- 1/2 c Optimax® High-Stability Canola Oil
- 1 tsp. Monarch® Salt
- 3 c Monarch Granulated White Sugar
- 1 tbsp. Monarch Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Monarch Ground Mace
- 6 c Pitted Medjool Dates
- 3 c Coconut Nectar or Brown Rice Syrup
- 3 c Full-Fat Coconut Milk
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Bean Paste
- Sea Salt to taste
- 3 qt. Chef’s Line® Smoked Maple and Bourbon Flavored Ice Cream with Praline Pecans or Chef’s Line Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Place Pita Chips in a large bowl, drizzle with oil and toss with your fingers to evenly coat every piece, front and back.
Sprinkle with salt.
Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 7 minutes.
Stir well, trying to flip chips over, then bake for another 7 minutes.
Combine spices and sugar in a large paper bag.
Remove chips from oven and immediately place into the paper bag, shaking gently but thoroughly, to coat with the sugar mixture.
The heat will help the sugar adhere easily and fully coat the entire pita chip.
Pour chips onto the baking tray to finish cooling. Store in an airtight container.
To make the caramel sauce:
Combine all the ingredients in a high-speed blender.
Blend on high until very smooth and creamy.
You can adjust the consistency by adding more coconut milk, if it is too thick to pour easily.
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
To serve, portion chips into a bowl, top with a scoop of ice cream and drizzle with caramel sauce.
Serving size: 25 portions