Coco Curry Vegan Pizza
- 6 red Thai chilies
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 8 cloves garlic
- 2 ounces ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 ounces lemongrass, chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoon vegan Worcestershire
- 1 tablespoon tomato purée
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 4 cans coconut milk
- Dough, your choice
- 12 ounces provolone and mozzarella cheese mix
- 8 ounces crispy chickpeas
- Spicy cilantro chimichurri, your recipe
Blend chilies, onion, garlic, ginger, lemongrass, spices, Worcestershire, tomato purée, lime juice and salt in a food processor until smooth. Transfer curry paste to a pot and heat until hot. Stir in coconut milk. Boil for 10 minutes to reduce. Add salt to taste.
Stretch dough to desired size. Spread curry sauce on top, sprinkle with cheese. Bake in preheated oven on a heated pizza stone at highest possible temperature.
Remove from oven, sprinkle with chickpeas and drizzle with chimichurri. Makes 1 pizza.
Recipe by Chef Meghan Shaw, Pop + Offworld, Detroit