Cedar Roasted Black Cod
- ½ cup sake
- ¼ cup mirin
- 1½ tablespoons shiro miso
- 2 center-cut black cod fillets
- 4 sheets thin cedar grill wraps
- 1½ tablespoons organic cane sugar
- Flaky Spanish sea salt, as needed
- Arbequina olive oil, as needed
Whisk sake, mirin, shiro miso and sugar together, heat briefly to incorporate ingredients, cool and marinate cod 1 hour. Soak cedar grill wraps in water for 10 minutes.
Sandwich black cod between cedar sheets. Roast in preheated 400 F oven for 10 to 12 minutes until fillets are cooked through. Remove top cedar sheet.
Season gently with flaky sea salt and olive oil. At tableside, torch edges of the cedar and then blow out to create cedar aroma, light smoke and glowing embers. Makes 2 servings.
Chef Tracy Chang; Pagu; Cambridge, Massachusetts