Calamansi Barbecue Shrimp
- 5 pounds large head/tail-on shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt, pepper and Cajun seasoning, to taste
- Oil as needed
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 cup fresh calamansi juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Crystal Hot Sauce
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 10 cups jasmine rice, cooked
Season shrimp with salt, pepper and Cajun seasoning. Grill or saute until pink; set aside.
Heat butter in medium saucepan until it starts to turn brown. Add garlic and ginger and cook for 2 minutes. Add juice, soy sauce, hot sauce and black pepper. Turn heat on high until it boils. Reduce heat to medium and reduce sauce until slightly thicker. Toss shrimp into sauce and cook until coated. Serve over jasmine rice. Makes 8 to 10 servings.
Recipe by Chef-owner Cristina Quackenbush, Saint Malo, New Orleans