Blueberry Balsamic Glazed Chicken with Brown Rice Quinoa Pilaf
- 25 Chef’s Line® All Natural* Fire Grilled Chicken Breasts Raised Without Antibiotics
- 16 oz. Roseli® Balsamic Glaze
- 32 oz. Monarch® Wild Domestic Frozen IQF Blueberries, defrosted and juice reserved
- 16 oz. Rykoff Sexton® Agave Syrup, divided
- 5 lb. Cross Valley Farms® Carrots, trimmed and peeled
- 4 oz. Cross Valley Farms Fresh Thyme
- 6 lb. Chef’s Line Brown Rice Quinoa Blend, prepared according to package directions
- 2 oz. Cross Valley Farms Italian Parsley, minced
- 6 oz. Cross Valley Farms Scallions, trimmed and sliced
- 8 oz. Monarch Dried Cranberries
- 8 oz. Sweet and Spicy Candied Pecans
- Combine glaze, blueberries and reserved juice, and half the agave syrup in a medium pot, bring to a boil with 1 cup of water. Reduce heat and simmer until blueberries pop. Using an immersion blender, purée mixture in pot, and continue to simmer until glaze is the consistency of honey.
- Brush glaze over chicken breasts, season with salt and pepper and bake at 375°F for 10-15 minutes, or until internal temperature of chicken has reached 145°F.
- Place carrots, remaining agave and a few sprigs of thyme into a hotel pan. Add just enough water to cover the carrots partially; cover and cook at 375°F until al dente. Remove cover and continue to cook carrots until tender and glazed, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine hot rice quinoa blend with scallions, parsley, dried cranberries and candied pecans. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place carrots on platter or plate; add pilaf. Slice chicken into bias-cut slices if desired, and top pilaf. Garnish with a few whole blueberries in glaze if desired.
Yield: 25 portions
*No artificial ingredients. Minimally processed.