‘Da Bomb Breakfast Sausage Sandwich
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dry sage
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon savory
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 5 pounds chicken thighs, skin on, deboned, cubed
- 1 Krispy Kreme doughnut, split and griddled
- 1 slice cheddar
- 1 fried egg
- Sour-cherry cream cheese, softened, your recipe
Combine spices and toss with chicken; refrigerate overnight. Grind chicken on coarse setting. Form 3-ounce patties.
Cook on griddle or cast iron skillet, turning when each side is browned.
Split doughnut, place sausage on bottom half, top with egg, cheese and other doughnut half after spreading with cream cheese. Makes 1 sandwich and 27 patties.
Recipe by Owner Delia Champion
Delia’s Chicken Sausage Stand, Atlanta and other area locations