US Foods® and our CHECK® Business Tools partners are working to provide needed support to restaurant operators across the country in response to COVID-19 concerns and its impact on the industry. Please see the updates below from our partners to help operators adapt to industry changes during these challenging times.
ChowNow builds online ordering directly into your own website and custom mobile apps, helping you protect your brand and – thanks to commission-free pricing – your earnings.
- No Setup Fees for US Foods Customers: ChowNow is waiving all setup fees for US Foods customers, including for their monthly plan, until further notice
- Expedited Onboarding: For operators affected by the current circumstances, ChowNow is offering expedited boarding to have restaurants live within 5-7 days, depending on the restaurant’s submission of required items listed here
- ChowNow is also allowing restaurants with their own Apple Tablet to download the ChowNow app from the iTunes store
- Free Website for 6 Months: Through an exclusive partnership with Fisherman, ChowNow customers can get a free, optimized website for 6 months Websites can be completed within an hour of signup
- Exclusive Marketing Offer for US Foods Customers: Now through April 26, 2020, US Foods customers can get a personalized iOS app for $99 ($400 savings) and double the standard marketing package ($200 value)
- Free Marketing Support: ChowNow is offering their new and current customers continued digital marketing support to help increase consumer awareness and order volume during this time
- Free ChowNow Marketplace Access: Acquire new customers through ChowNow’s 100% free ordering marketplace, as well as through their Yelp and Google ordering integrations
- Daily Payout: ChowNow always offers daily payouts (Monday-Friday) to customers with direct deposit so operators can maintain cash flow — which is critical now — but will continue to be important even as restaurants return to normal service
US Foods customers can get started by setting up a demo with ChowNow here.
Resources from ChowNow:
- Drive Traffic and Increase Sales in 2020 with Online Ordering
- Increase Your Online Footprint to Boost Sales
- How to Manage the Takeout and Delivery Experience
- How to Ensure Your Website is Maximizing Online Ordering
- The 4-Step Checklist for Profitable Restaurant Delivery
- The 6 Ways Online Ordering will Transform Your Restaurant’s Efficiency
Toast POS provides a diverse suite of hardware options designed for the restaurant industry, cloud-based technology that streamlines operations and real-time reporting for making more informed business decisions.
- Rally for Restaurants: Toast has launched this consumer-facing campaign to promote the purchase of gift cards for local restaurants online to support the community and hourly restaurant workers affected by the COVID-19 concerns
- All restaurants are eligible to participate and consumers are directed to purchase gift cards through links on rallyforrestaurants.com
- If the consumer posts about their contribution on social using #RallyforRestaurants and tags the restaurant, Toast will give $1 to organizations supporting the community through Toast.org (up to $250,000)
- Toast Now: For restaurants not currently using Toast but interested in driving more online revenue, Toast Now enables you to quickly and easily set up digital channels like online ordering, a mobile ordering app, contactless delivery and e-gift cards. No hardware or POS purchase is required. Learn more here
- Online Ordering: Allow guests to easily order directly from your restaurant
- Toast TakeOut: Attract new guests with Toast TakeOut, a mobile ordering app
- Contactless Delivery: Allow your guests to select how and what food they want delivered
- E-Gift Cards: Drive short-term cash flow with e-gift cards that are easy to sell and use
- US Foods customers can click here to start for free for three months today
- Software Fees Credit: To help operators navigate the short-term impact of COVID-19, Toast is providing all Toast customers a one-month credit on software fees – applied automatically for all Toast customers (no action needed)
- Additional Product Support for Current Toast Customers: Toast wants to give its customers easy, complimentary access to its products that can be essential during this time. Toast will waive software fees for the next three months on Toast Gift Cards, Toast Online Ordering, Toast TakeOut and Toast Marketing
- Whether you already own these tools or not, follow these links to redeem three months free:
- Toast Gift Cards: Encourage customers to buy a gift card today for a delicious meal in the future. Sign up here
- Toast Online Ordering and Toast TakeOut: Provide delivery and takeout options for your guests to enjoy your meals from the safety of their homes.
Sign up here
- Toast Marketing: Communicate with your guests about the actions you are taking and how they can support you through email marketing. Sign up here
- Whether you already own these tools or not, follow these links to redeem three months free:
Resources from Toast:
- Toast created a COVID-19 resource page on their website, including resources on:
- Taking Care of Your Staff
- Communicating to Guests
- Managing Your Profits
- Sanitizing Your Restaurant
- Toast is also producing a weekly newsletter that pulls together resources, stories from the ground and other articles across the industry to help the restaurant community navigate the challenges of COVID-19 together. Subscribe to the newsletter on their COVID-19 resource page
BentoBox creates websites exclusively for the restaurant industry that convert more visitors into paying customers, while saving your time and money over the lifetime of your business.
BentoBox recognizes that the current status of COVID-19/Coronavirus is directly impacting the restaurant industry in a major way. With your website being a restaurant’s digital front door and storefront, it is a vital way for restaurants to broadcast important messages to their customers.
Below are some important steps you can take to help keep your customers in the loop and keep your business afloat during these difficult times:
- Add a pop-up alert to your homepage to immediately reassure guests that you’re following best practices when they visit your restaurant and that your restaurant is still open for delivery and/or takeout (if applicable)
- Download your customer database from your BentoBox back end and send out an email letting diners know that you have their safety in mind
- Add a dedicated page to your website where people can read more in-depth about how your restaurant is staying safe. BentoBox has written some sample language if you need help getting started
With the industry shifting to takeout and delivery, BentoBox Online Ordering allows guests to place orders through your restaurant’s website. To support US Foods customers during this time, BentoBox is offering one free month of online ordering (transaction rates apply) to new and existing BentoBox customers. US Foods customers new to BentoBox will also get one free month of a new website when they sign up for any BentoBox plan.
US Foods customers can get a demo of BentoBox, including Online Ordering, and have a full online store in less than 5 days.
Some additional recommendations from BentoBox to help you continue to positively impact your bottom line at this time include:
- Offer a discount on gift cards through promo codes to encourage guests to come in when the dust settles
- Sell meal kits or baked goods for local pick up through the merchandise store on your website
Resources from BentoBox:
- How to Use Your Restaurant Website During Uncertain Times
- Article specific to addressing COVID-19 concerns
- Drive Incremental Restaurant Revenue Online
- Increase Foot Traffic with an Optimized Website
ExpandShare offers easy tools and expert guidance to teach employees, maintain knowledge and culture, and use the power and reach of video.
- ExpandShare recently created a video addressing COVID-19 concerns, which was added to all current customers’ libraries. ExpandShare also added a delivery driver course to all current customers’ libraries
- These videos are available for free to non-ExpandShare customers here
- More videos will be updated and added as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) updates information
- If a restaurant has been closed due to government mandate, ExpandShare will offer to put their subscription on hold until they are reopened. However, many of ExpandShare’s customers are using this downtime to get their training in order. ExpandShare is ready to help if that’s the direction you want to take
- ExpandShare’s integration with Always Food Safe training and certification process offer an option to make food safety accessible, engaging and cost effective
Homebase helps you recruit quality candidates, track labor expense, simplify payroll and streamline team communication in one easy tool.
Resources from Homebase:
Homebase will be publishing a series of articles focused on staffing, financial resources and legal information for restaurants including:
Resy enables your customers to reserve tables or join a reservation waiting list easily and quickly online. Fill your seats and boost your bottom line.
Resy has created a dedicated support page with FAQs addressing responses to COVID-19 concerns including:
- Preparations for COVID-19
- Temporary Closures due to COVID-19
Avero Food Cost Management can make ordering and counting the easiest part of your day. Placing your vendor orders is predictive and hassle-free and can be done accurately in one minute or less.
Avero has created a dedicated support page with tips for preserving profitability and best practices addressing COVID-19 concerns including:
- Profitability: Focus on average check and encourage servers to sell more of your most profitable items with contest reports and service summaries
- Special Promotions: Think outside the box and offer promotions compatible with social distancing like takeout orders, delivery, and gift cards
- Forecasting Demand: Using the food prep calculator and waste tracker
- Labor Scheduling: Run an hourly sales report to see where you can trim labor hours without negatively impacting service
- Loss Prevention: Monitor for fraud, loss and tip inflation which tends to increase during periods of low volume